Grouping Parts of a Multiple-Part Episode

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.

Grouping Parts of a Multiple-Part Episode

Postby AGWA » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:40 pm

I was wondering if there was any way, using the SD data, to group the different parts of a multiple-part episode. Right now Data Direct will say what part number and how many parts are in a particular program, but since each part has a different program ID, there is no way to actually find the other parts. Very often, the program IDs of multiple parts are sequential, but this is not always the case. Right now I'm working on a recording system that would, ideally, automatically record all parts of a multi-part episode. Any wisdom/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
AGWA

Re: Grouping Parts of a Multiple-Part Episode

Postby rmeden » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:00 pm

hmmm good question.. not that I can think of.

There are ways to deal with a multi-part show, but I don't think the shows themselves consider multi-part shows a big episode.

Looking at epguides.com, multiparters even have different episode numbers.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Grouping Parts of a Multiple-Part Episode

Postby TVScheduler » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:49 pm

[
AGWA wrote:Right now Data Direct will say what part number and how many parts are in a particular program, but since each part has a different program ID, there is no way to actually find the other parts.

Andrew not all the multi-part episodes have their own program IDs. I had to write something that added a '.1' to the end of the program ID for part one and '.2' for part two and so on...

It's all very messy.

Bob
TVScheduler

Return to Developers Corner