Android - Any Support With SchedulesDirect?

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Android - Any Support With SchedulesDirect?

Postby Guitar4HIm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm currently considering getting a Motorola Droid (Verizon). There is getting to be a fairly large group of Android-based smartphones out there. Is there currently any support for this platform with SchedulesDirect? If not, any future plans?
Ken
Guitar4HIm

Re: Android - Any Support With SchedulesDirect?

Postby rmeden » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm

No one has contacted us to have an app approved.

If it's non-commercial (and there are many open source and noncommercial products in the Android Market) there's no reason why it wouldn't be approved. As a matter of fact, the SOAP request method may work very well for getting data.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby KewlDawg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:03 am

Its time for me to move on, from my Pocket PC (Win Mobile 6.5) to an Android phone.

Are there any Android apps which use the SchedulesDirect data from here???
KewlDawg

Postby ljiminez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 am

Hello All,

This is my first post but I've lurked here for years.

StyleTap has just released a PalmOS emulator for Android. The StyleTap software is expensive at $50. I just installed the 14 day trial version today.

The ONLY reason I still have my Palm TX is to run the Pocket TV Browser. Unfortunately the PTVB search function does not work. If anyone plays with the emulator and determines out how to tweak settings to get search to work please post. I already emailed StyleTap and notified them of the issue.

PTVB used to be quite popular. It has close to 19 thousand views here, in the topic started by Krazman. If you've never heard of PTVB then read more detail at

http://doublebit.com/ptvb/

I have no association with StyleTap or DoubleBit. The PTVB software is just insanely useful to me. I could also sell off my Palm TX and accessories for more than $50. Thanks.

Nez
ljiminez

Postby kbrunson » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks for the heads up, Nez. For now StyleTap + PTVB will have to do. I am able to click on "?" in PTVB and do a search for, say, "nfl" and it works fine. Not sure if this is your problem? I can't live without PTVB either. It's like having a cheat sheet for watching TV.

FYI there is a similar app to PTVB for iPhone now. It doesn't seem to be able to list upcoming favorite programs (PTVB's best feature I think) but its a great start. http://www.njsoftware.com/iptvgl.html

Its sad this app doesn't exist natively for Android. The developers who tried seemed to get bogged down with having the app fetch the listings too. All we are asking for is a GUI for the .xml file........
kbrunson

Postby ljiminez » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am

Kbrunson, here's my experience with StyleTap and PTVB.

When I start typing part of a name using the on-screen keyboard, matching words do indeed come up on the scrollable part of the screen. Actual content cannot be found though.

For example I can look for pro football by tapping on the '?' and then entering 'nfl' on the PTVB search line. By the time I have entered the 'f', 'NFL' is displayed in the PTVB scrollable search area. Next I tap on 'NFL' in that scrollable area to place 'NFL' onto the PTVB search line. The last thing I do is tap the PTVB find button. PTVB searches and then responds " Cannot find 'NFL' ". On my Palm TX, PTVB returns 'NFL Preseason Football' games as well as other tv shows that don't even have 'NFL' in the title, but do have 'NFL' in that shows episode summary...such as Travel Channels upcoming Sep 2nd episode of Man vs FoodNation.

So are you saying you actually get the game times from YOUR 'nfl' search ?

Nez
ljiminez

Postby kbrunson » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Nez,

Yes. It works perfectly like on your TX. Maybe you have a search option ticked or filters?

I use PTVB v1.77
kbrunson

Postby ljiminez » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 am

I checked those settings...no joy.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note. The storage on the Note is configured such that it has a pair of SD cards. On the phone they are 'sdcard' and 'external_sd'. Whenever I connect the phone to my desktop computer they become the computer's 'K' and 'L' USB drives. Perhaps the PTVB has issues with this kind of storage configuration because I installed PTVB onto another Android handset in our household. That phone (Motorola Atrix 4G) behaved exactly like my Note but it also has the double SD card configuration. What phone are you using ? How many, if any, SD cards does your phone have ?

StyleTaps documentation says the following folders and files are created when StyleTap is installed into phone:

1. /Android/data/com.StyleTap.StyleTap/inbox
2. /Android/data/com.StyleTap.StyleTap/import
3. /Android/data/com.StyleTap.StyleTap/StyleTapInstallInfo.txt
4. StyleTapInit.ini

I've verified that the first three are in my Note's 'sdcard'. I cannot find the StyleTapInit.ini file anywhere in my phone though. Perhaps my install procedure is suspect. I installed StyleTap by pointing the Note's web browser directly to

http://www.styletap.com/downloadandroid

Then I installed PTVB into StyleTap by copying the two files (PTVBrowser.pdb, PTVBrowser.prc) from my desktop computer to the phone's StyleTap import folder. I installed Roboform, Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide, Chess Tiger, and Pocket Quicken into StyleTap similarly. Except for PTVB they all work great. How did you install StyleTap and PTVB ?

Thanks for helping me.

Nez
ljiminez

Postby Ferrari328 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Will the palm version running on android allow you to add to calendar? If the Pocket TV Manager running on windows would do that I would be all set but that box is grayed out.

/Peter
Ferrari328

Postby ljiminez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Peter,

Adding a date to the calendar is buggy.

Once you tap the little heart that lets you 'Add to Date Book', followed by 'OK', PTVB/Styletap says it will export that information to a vcf file. I found that neither Outlook or Palm Desktop would import that file as a calendar event. However when I changed the extension from .vcf to .vcs both Outlook and Palm Desktop imported the file as calendar events. Not perfect imports though.

In Outlook and Palm Desktop the subject field was blank. The information that should have been in the subject field (movie title and channel) was in the note field. The shows description, which should have been in the note field, had left the planet. Also in Outlook the start and stop times were shifted by 4 hours...a program that was scheduled to run from 7 to 9 was shown to run from 3 to 5. In Palm Desktop the times were correctly imported.

Nez
ljiminez

Next

Return to Approved Applications